Pork & Butternut Squash Casserole
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 large pinch dried chilli flakes
- 900g (2lb) shoulder of pork, diced
- 6 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and sliced
- 300ml (½pt) chicken stock
- 3 tbsp Bonne Maman Peach Conserve
- 2-3 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
Mix together flour, salt, pepper and chilli flakes and use to coat the pork. Place half the sunflower oil into a large cast iron casserole. Heat the oil and then brown the meat in batches. Remove the meat from the pan, add the remaining oil and then fry the onion until softened. Add the garlic and continue cooking for a minute.
Return the meat to the pan and add the carrots and the squash. Add the stock and bring to a boil.
Transfer the pan to the centre of a pre-heated oven at 150°C (300°F) for about 2 hours or until golden.
Remove from the oven, stir in the peach conserve and then adjust
the seasoning. Stir in the fresh coriander just before serving and serve
with steamed rice.